Taramasalata is a Greek spread to have as a side dish or dip. Taramasalata or Taramosalata means “Fish roe salad” in English. You can make this Greek-style dip at home and enjoy it with bread or chips.
What you need –
- 100gm fish roe
- 300gm crust-less bread (you can use stale bread, too)
- 1 grated onion
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoon lemon juice
- Soak the bread in water. Squeeze to remove extra water.
- Pour the fish roe, bread, and onion into a food processor and blend the ingredients into a mushy substance.
- Now add half of the lemon juice and process again. While blending add olive oil in small amounts at a time. Stop processing when you like the texture and the taste of the dip. Add more lemon juice, if necessary.
Enjoy the creamy dip with pita bread or chips!