Fish is great for your health, we have a recipe that will make it appeal to your taste-buds, too.
- Swordfish, or any kind of fish preferably with a good amount of fat.
- ½ gallon of water
- ½ cup of kosher salt
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of seasoning
Seasoning ingredients – onion, paprika, garlic, and salt. You can either buy the seasoning or make your own.
Total time: Preparation: 5 minutes + Smoking: 1.5 hours = 1 hour and 35 minutes (approximately).
- Mix the ingredients and soak the fish in it overnight in the refrigerator to make it soft.
- Remove the well-soaked fish from the refrigerator and rinse the fish to remove excess salt.
- Pat-dry the fish and brush olive oil lightly on both sides of it.
- Add a little more seasoning.
- Set the temperature of the electric smoker at 225°
- Put the fish on the rack and cook for 1.25-1.5 hours until the internal temperature is 145°. Use Cherry wood for the best flavor.
- Remove the fish from the smoker and enjoy the hot smoked fish.