The name “Pound Cake” has an interesting origin – it’s named after the weight of the ingredients that are used to make the delicious cake.
What you need to make the cake:
- All-purpose flour – 1 pound or 3 ¼ cups
- Sugar – 1 pound or 2 cups
- 10 Eggs (1 pound in weight)
- Salted butter, softened – 1 pound or2 cups
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Spread butter lightly on two bread pans (9×5 inches) and sprinkle some flour.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix butter to make the texture is soft and smooth. Then add the sugar and whisk again until smooth.
- Add eggs one by one in the mixture and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Then add flour and mix again so there isn’t any lump left.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pans.
- Put an aluminum foil over the mixture and tuck the edges. Then bake for 1 hour. Let the cake cool in the pans for 15 minutes then place onto a rack.