Mashed potatoes can be so much better with a little thyme. The preparation is easy, too, so you can make some any day of the week.
What you need:
- Golden potatoes, peeled and divided into 4 portions– 4 lb
- Heavy cream – 2 cups
- Thymes – 7-8 sprigs
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp
- Kosher salt
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh parsley – 2 sprigs
- Grated nutmeg
- Take a pot and place potatoes, add cold water to cover the potatoes, leave to boil.
- Add 2teaspoon salt, and lower the heat. Once the potatoes are softened, remove the water.
- Take a small skillet and put thyme, cream, butter, parsley, peppercorn, and bay leaf in it, and leave to boil. Then lower the heat, and keep it on the stove for 3 minutes then remove heat.
- Pour the herbed cream mix into the pot and mash well with the potatoes. Mash until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth. Add salt and nutmeg for taste.