To those who are busy and a little lazy, this one is for you and me.
- All-purpose flour – 4 ½ cups
- Softened butter – 3 cups
- Confectioners’ sugar, sieved – 1-1/2 cups
- Candied cherries, halved
- Cornstarch – 1 ½ cups
- Take a large bowl and whip sugar and butter together until the texture is light and smooth. Slowly add flour and cornstarch, keep mixing until all ingredients are blended.
- Make 1inch balls from the dough, and place the balls on baking trays, keeping them 1 inch apart from one another. Use a cornstarch-dusted fork and press the little doughs. Decorate with the cherries on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 300° heat, remove from the oven when the bottoms of the cookies turn golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then put them on the wire racks.