Why buy tasteless canned beef Jerky when you can make it so much better on your own? And even if you had mind-blowing Jerky at restaurants, they don’t hold a candle to homemade ones. Because you can do so much more and add more flavors to your food when you are cooking it yourself. Make use of your smoker and cook delicious beef Jerky – teriyaki style – easily.
Beef Jerky is meat sliced and dried with salt, the crispy dish is great as snacks and as a side dish as well. It goes perfectly well with teriyaki sauce – a major component in Asian cuisines.
What you need to make Teriyaki Beef Jerky –
- 2-3 pounds of thinly sliced rump cut or sirloin cut meat.
For Teriyaki marinade –
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 Tablespoon honey
- 2-3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoon mirin
- First, marinate the meat – put the meat inside a zip-lock bag and pour the marinade ingredients, as well. Then mix the mixture well so every piece of your beef is mixed evenly with the sauce. Refrigerate the pack for 12-24 hours.
- Before cooking, preheat your smoker to 170°F.
- Remove the marinade from the refrigerator. Open the zip-lock and put each stripe of the Jerky on a paper towel. The paper towel will absorb the moisture, make sure to dry the meat thoroughly.
- Put the stripes on the rack of the smoker and cook for about 2-3 hours. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the stripes, the thicker the stripe, the longer the smoking time.
- Check regularly inside the smoker to check whether the stripes are being smoked evenly or not. Flip the meat to cook both sides equally, and add woodchips for a more distinct smoky flavor.
- Remove the Jerky from the smoker when the stripes are mostly crunchy but not too crunchy and breakable.
- Enjoy your homemade, juicy Teriyaki Beef Jerky made from scratch.