Surprise your kids with these yummy chocolate cutout cookies. Oh, you can also enjoy these just fine.
What you need:
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened – ¾ cup
- All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 ¼ teaspoon
- Softened butter – ¾ cup
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 egg
- White sugar – 1 ¼ cups
- Sieve the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Take another bowl, medium-sized, mix butter and sugar until the mixture is smooth. Then crack an egg and whisk, add the cocoa and flour mixture into it slowly and keep stirring. Divide the mixture into 2 portions, flatten and use plastic wrap to cover. Then refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle some flour on a clean surface, then roll the dough using your hands into 1/8 inch thickness. Then cut whatever shapes you like, use cookie cutters or sharp knives. Then place the designed doughs neatly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, let the cookies cool a bit before removing from the oven.