Craving some good chicken wings? Follow this recipe and make yourself classic Buffalo Grilled Chicken Wings.
What you need –
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (add more or less, as you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add more if you like your wings spicier
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Pat dry the wings with paper towels so there is no residual water.
- Put the wings, vegetable oil, kosher salt, and pepper into a bowl and toss the ingredients well.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat. Stop heating once the butter is melted, and add hot sauce before putting away the pan on a safe surface.
- Now put a grill pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken wings, turn regularly to cook both sides well. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the wings are brown and sizzling fat. Increase the heat then and keep watch for burning, if the wings start to burn, reduce heat.
- Apply 1/4 hot sauce all over the wings when you are about to stop cooking the wings.
- Insert an instant thermometer in the wings, and cook until it reads 165°F while not touching the bone. The skin should be crispy and the flesh soft yet not breaking too easily.
- Put leftover hot-sauce and the wings into a bowl, and toss to mix well. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Serve while the wings are piping hot.