Make this yummy lasagna to satiate your appetite. It’s easy to make and easy to please your taste buds as well.
- Smoked streaky bacon – 2 slices
- 500gm beef, finely minced
- 1 grated carrot
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped celery stick
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Tomato puree – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 3 cups
- Fresh egg lasagna sheets – 500gm
- Clear honey – 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream -400ml
- Roughly torn mozzarella ball – 125g
- Fresh parmesan, grates – 50g
- 1 large handful of basil leaves
- Put a large saucepan on a stove and heat the olive oil. Chop the bacon rashers into tiny pieces and put them in the pan. Stir and cook for 6-7 minutes. When the bacon turns golden, add onion, carrot, and celery into it and stir for 5 minutes.
- Once the bacon mixture has softened, add chopped garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add beef mince, keep stirring so it doesn’t turn into a lump. After cooking for 6-7 minutes add tomato puree and cook for 1 minute, then add chopped tomatoes. Add clear honey and seasoning. Reduce heat to low temperature and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Spread Bolognese sauce all over the base of a casserole. Place 2 lasagna sheets over the sauce, add more sauce, and add another layer of Bolognese. Make 4 layers of pasta and 4 layers of sauce in total. Make sure the top layer is done with pasta.
- Put fresh cream in a bowl, and add 2 tbsp water. Mix well and pour it over the pasta. Add mozzarella pieces, parmesan, and bake for 20-30 minutes. When the lasagna is golden remove it from the oven. Garnish it with basil leaves before serving.