Craving something sweet? This mouthwatering chocolate fudge cake might be the best thing to fix your sweet tooth.
- Sunflower oil – 150ml
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Soda bicarbonate – 1teaspoon
- Golden syrup – 2 tbsp
- Caster sugar – 150g
- Self-raising flour – 175g
- 2 Beaten eggs
- Semi-skimmed milk – 150ml
- Unsalted butter – 100g
- Cocoa powder – 40g
- Icing sugar – 225g
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Heat oven to 180C. Take two 18cm sandwich tins and apply sunflower oil to the base.
- Strain flour, soda, and cocoa powder into a bowl and add the caster sugar and then mix the ingredients.
- Create a cavity in the middle of the mixture. Add syrup, eggs, milk, and oil. Whisk so that the amalgam is mixed well and the texture is smooth.
- Now put the mixture equally in the tins. Put them in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. When they are firm and swelling on the top, remove the cakes from the oven.
- Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes and put them into a cooling rack.
- For the icing part, whisk the butter in a bowl. Strain cocoa powder and icing sugar into the butter and add milk. The amalgam should be soft and easily spreadable.
- Take one cake and spread the icing, put the other cake on top of it. Spread more icing on the top and the sides.