Fill your belly with this amazing chicken potpie.
Ingredients for chicken potpie:
- Diced and cooked chicken – 4 cups
- Diced and peeled potato – 2 cups
- Carrot slices – 1 cup
- Chopped onion – 2/3 cups
- Cubed butter – 1 cup
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Frozen peas – 1 cup
- Frozen corn – 1 cup
- Dried thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper – ¾ teaspoons
- Chicken broth – 3 cups
- Whole milk – 1 cup
- Salt – 1-3/4 teaspoons
- Refrigerated pie crust – 4 sheets
- Preheat the oven by setting the temperature at 425°. Put potatoes and carrots in a big saucepan, add water, and boil. Once it starts boiling reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes. When the potatoes and carrots are tender, extract the water.
- Take a large skillet and heat butter. Keep the heat medium, add onions and keep stirring until they’re soft. Add flour, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir. Slowly pour milk and broth as you stir. Keep stirring and once the mixture is thick and boiling ad chicken, potato, and carrot mix, peas, corn. Stir for 2 minutes more, then remove from heat.
- Prepare the pie plates by unrolling the crusts and placing two of the crusts each in the two plates. Fold the edges of the crusts, and add the cooked mixture. Place the other two sheets of crusts each over the fillings. Close the edges and cut a hole on top of the cover.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Enjoy the delicious chicken potpie.