Impress everyone with your salad making skill with this simple Italian Caprese salad.
- 7-8 ripe seasonal tomatoes. Choose the large, round ones with lots of variety in color. Use Heirloom tomatoes if possible.
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese. You can use burrata cheese, as well.
- Ground pepper
- Sea salt for taste
- 2 cups of basil leaves
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange them aesthetically on a plate.
- Tear the cheese in medium bits and then sprinkle them on the tomatoes. Add basil leaves, garnish with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Serve right after preparation.